Selling or buying a home is often a very emotional and complex process since it’s one of the biggest business transactions you’ll probably ever make. It requires lots of experience, knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of potential pitfalls and legal issues.
Therefore, it is advisable to utilize the services of a REALTOR® who belongs to an association or real estate board. He or she will have the knowledge and training to guide you through every step of the process – from the very minute you think about selling or buying, to the time when the transaction is finalized.
Because a REALTOR® is someone who works, lives and plays in the area, he or she will:
- Be professionally trained, and as such, may be able to sell your home faster and at a higher price because REALTORS® have a network of potential buyers.
- Have access to the latest MLS® listings.
- Be familiar with what’s going on environmentally and politically in the area you are interested in – for example, are there any proposed developments of high-rise office buildings or shopping malls near your home?
- Know the communities and neighbourhoods that meet your requirements.
- Be aware of drawbacks like train tracks, highway noise, and airports.
- Know what services and schools are available.
- Know about religious facilities, sports clubs, libraries, and public transport, etc.
If you’re looking for a REALTOR® to help you sell or buy real estate in the Southern Georgian Bay, contact us, Nancy-Jo and Iain Gurr. We specialize in retirement and waterfront properties, luxury homes, cottage real estate, and first-time buying.