There are numerous reasons why house down-sizing might be a good option for you and your family in Midland, ON.
If you are considering following the growing trend of house down-sizing, we welcome you to give us a call. We are Nancy-Jo & Iain Gurr, and we specialize in helping people who desire this type of residence change. If you haven’t yet thought about house down-sizing, there are numerous reasons why it might be a good option for you and your family.
- Less House to Maintain – Empty nesters often find themselves with too much house to maintain once the children are all grown up and moved out. It can be challenging to keep up with cleaning those extra bedrooms or maintaining that large yard.
- Lower Utility Costs – Sometimes a family will purchase a larger home than they really needed and find the utility bills are a bit more than they expected. If you have more space than you need, why keep paying to heat and cool it? House down-sizing to save utility costs can put a lot of money in the bank over a lifetime.
- Lower Taxes and Insurance – Just as you could be saving on utility costs, you will also save on taxes and insurance by house down-sizing, since expenses such as these are often tied to square footage and the value of the home.
- Retirement – What do you want to do with your retirement years? Perhaps you would like to travel or spend more time on your hobbies, but having to keep up a large house may prevent you from saving for retirement like you would like to. Also, after you do retire, keeping up a large home can be exhausting and could prevent you from doing what you really want to do.
- Simplify – Some people who choose house down-sizing want to simplify their lives. The old adage that “less is more” can be a lifestyle for those who want to get back to keeping things simpler.
If any or all of these reasons for house down-sizing sound like a great idea to you, we would love to talk with you. You may even have a different reason, and that is okay, also. We can list your current home in Midland, ON, help you find a smaller one, and take care of the timing so everything works out perfectly. Give us a call today!
Nancy-Jo & Iain Gurr can help you with house down-sizing in Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay Township, Tiny Township, Southern Georgian Bay, Waubaushene, Coldwater, Wasaga Beach, or Elmvale, Ontario.